Monday, October 22, 2012

Preparation for Interviews

First off, I had to find a country that I was interested in learning more about. I decided to pick China because of the size of the country and all of the different cultures and traditions that are harvested within one country. After I have decided China was going to my country, I did some research on it and wrote up my country report before finding three different international students from China to interview. I found some books and websites that talks about China and all of the history and culture that came from it. After researching China and learning some new things about their culture, history, and some of the different traditions that were carried over into the new generations, I found some people that were willing to do the interview for me. I scheduled my first interview and met them in Atwood, which is a perfect location because it was spacious and in public where they and I felt comfortable. The entire interview process took a little over an hour from the time that I met them to the time that we said our goodbyes. I used the 12 main questions that were provided for me in class and also added some of my own as the interview went on. So far, I feel like I have learned a lot on China and hopefully as I progress into my second and third interviews, I will have learned a large amount of detail on China and how their citizens live. With all of this information, I will then be able to write up a full research paper on China.

No comments:

Post a Comment